3M™ Novec™ 1901 Electronic Grade Coating
3M™ Novec™ 1901 Electronic Grade Coating is a fluorinated polymer diluted in a blend of 3M™ Novec™ 7100 and 7200 Engineered Fluids, segregated hydrofluoroether solvents, providing a low viscosity, low surface tension coating solution.
Designed for moisture and corrosion protection of printed circuit boards and electronic components, it dries to an ultrathin, transparent coating with excellent hydrophobic and oleophobic properties. It does not need curing and is easy to apply. Novec 1901 coating is non-flammable, non ozone-depleting, low in toxicity, low in GWP, RoHS compliant, and VOC exempt (per U.S. EPA).
- Designed for moisture and corrosion protection of printed circuit boards and electronic components
- Low surface energy allows lubricating oils, silicones, photoresist solutions, etc. to bead and drain freely from coated surfaces
- Helps provide repellency and anti-wetting properties against liquids – water, hydrocarbons, silicones, and photoresists
- Helps protect against corrosive gases and vapors in addition to liquids
- The polymer can endure up to 175°C for 24 hours and maintain repellency
- Essentially insoluble in solvents such as heptanes, toluene & water
- Adheres to a variety of materials (metals, glass, ceramics, polymers, composites, laminates)
- Thermally and electrically stable with good dielectric properties
- Easy to apply – dries quickly without the need for post-application curing
- Designed for spray application, however can also be applied via dip or syringe dispensing methods.