3M™ Novec™ 1720 Electronic Grade Coating
3M™ Novec™ 1720 Electronic Grade Coating adds easy clean capabilities to surfaces such as glass flat panel displays and mobile electronic device components. It is a clear, 0.1 wt% fluorosilane polymer in a hydrofluoroether solvent.
3M™ Novec™ 1720 Electronic Grade Coating adds easy clean and anti-smudge capabilities to a variety of surfaces such as anti-reflective (AR) flat panel displays and mobile electronic device components. It is a clear, low viscosity, low surface tension solution of a 0.1 wt% fluorosilane polymer carried in a hydrofluoroether solvent. The coating dries to a thin, transparent, permanent film with excellent hydrophobic and oleophobic properties. It covalently bonds to glass and metal oxide layers and protects steel, aluminum, composites and a variety of other surfaces. The coating can air-dry in seconds and needs to be thermally post-cured.
- Easy application and processing - air dries in seconds and should be thermally cured for best performance
- Adheres to a variety of surfaces including glass, metals and metal oxides
- Provides excellent anti-wetting, anti-stiction and anti-migration properties
- Contains no volatile organic compounds (VOCs) and has low global warming potential
- Is optically transparent and contributes no additional haze and no loss of clarity