- rn Dead soft 1-ounce (1.4-mil) copper foil backing for good shielding effectiveness, soldering and converting (slitting and die cutting).rn
- rn UL recognized flame-retardancy per UL 510 for applications needing this property.rn
- rn Conductive particles in the adhesive provides low contact resistance between the substrate and the backing to drain static charge.rn
- rn Acrylic pressure-sensitive adhesive has good resistance to heat, oxidation, solvents and oils.rn
- rn Removable liner makes it easy to handle and die cut complex shapes.rn
- rn There are both standard and custom roll widths and lengths to meet a variety of application needs.rn
rn 3M™ Copper Foil Shielding Tape 1181 has a 1.4-mil smooth copper foil backing with a conductive acrylic pressure-sensitive adhesive and liner. The unplated copper with conductive adhesive is a common EMI shielding tape for non-corrosive conditions.
rn Additional Information
rn The 1181 tape has common EMI shielding 1.4-mil thick copper foil backing. Highly conductive particles in the acrylic adhesive provide a multitude of electrical paths between the application substrate and the surface of the copper foil. Acrylic adhesive has good resistance to heat, oxidation, solvents and oils. The tape is UL Recognized for flame retardancy per UL 510. This tape is designed for a variety of applications: point-to-point electrical contact, EMI/RFI shielding, grounding and static charge draining. These tapes can used in both electronic & electrical devices, shielded rooms and EMI test laboratories for prototyping, design and troubleshooting. The 1181 tape is available from 3M in log rolls (standard size of 23 inch x 18 yds or 584 mm x 16,5 m) to 3M slitter/converters. Also, 3M offers to 3M authorized distributors (and slitter/converters) various size slit rolls for resale to end users. Custom die-cut and formed parts are available from 3M slitter/converters.